Monday, April 03, 2006

Daily Observations Day 6



I have been doing early neurological stimulation and all the puppies for 3 days and they all seem to tolerate it very well. They get a bit squirmy on the cold towel but not unreasonably. They all lay on their backs very well… The first day I did this test the first born male was more squirmy and vocal then the rest but yesterday and today he was much more relaxed and quiet.

There is one female who seems to be the independent one in the group (not the female with white toe). I often find her off sleeping by herself while the other 3 stay grouped together when moms not around.

The two males eat a lot more then the ladies and they seem to stay closest to mom's belly while the girl’s frolic around mom's head and chest. They have all squirmed their way out of the closest at one point or another. I need to put up a gate ASAP.

Marsha is doing better too. At first no one except me could handle the puppies. Today anyone who came to the house was able to touch them and she didn’t seem to mind. We took a road trip today. I had to go somewhere and Marsha jumped up and met me at the door when I grabbed my keys. So I packed up the babies and off we went. I really want to socialize the crap out of them and expose them to as many noises and experiences as I can once they can see and hear. I have been vacuuming around them and they seem oblivious. I would love to find a really noisy cd with all kinds of different sounds like gun shots… horns honking… loud music… etc… When they get older I will expose them to water. Marsha hates water and I can only assume it is because she was not exposed to it. That will not be the case with the puppies.

I found a great link to some good ideas for working / sports puppy development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home