Sunday, November 27, 2005

My trip to the emergency hospital





The pain in my neck got increasingly worse yesterday and was traveling down my back and sides. Mom finally distracted me with a treat and started carefully peeking through my hair at my skin. She found open seeping sores and decided after consulting the advice of her Leerburg friends that I should go to the hospital.

The DR seems to think I had a nasty reaction to the shampoo from my recent grooming for lack of any other reasonable explanation. He had to sedate me just to get a look at me and then he clipped my hair off, It's not pretty.

They gave me an injection of ketoprofen and an injection of Cefazolin, and sent us home with three prescriptions: rimadyl, Simplicef, and topical animax cream.

I hope my hair grows back real fast. It's cold here in the NE? I don’t know how this will affect our training. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

A similar rash appeared on the side of my rottie's neck over the summer. Shaving so it could breathe and 1 series of antibiotics cleared it up fairly quickly.

Dennis

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger The Peaceful Revolution said...

What a difference two days makes... other then a bad hair day... she is acting almost 100% normal and the sores have all scabbed over. I just can't believe a shampoo could cause such a reaction like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home