Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Old Habits Die Hard




Two big boxes arrived for me today. One from Leerburg.com that contained some new drive building toys, a scratch apron, DVD's for mom Julia and a new SchH1 dumbbell for me. Mom Julia bought me the SchH3 dumbbell already... but didn't realize the smaller dumbbell is used for the jumps and wall. She’s still learning.

The second box was from digit.com which contained my favorite smokehouse treats, which mom says is $15.00 cheaper for a 20oz canister of chicken tenders then the local Petco or Pet Smart. You gotta love a thrifty woman who knows the quickest way to my heart.

In spite of the new videos mom could have watched… she sat down and watched the Finks, building drive and focus again for the 3rd time. I knew then and there where this day was headed.

Armed with a new arsenal of toys... Mom gave me the choice. I was offered the ball on a string or my favorite plush squirrel. I choose the Squirrel. I was offered the Squirrel or a tug. I choose the squirrel. I was offered the squirrel and the SchH1 dumbbell... and the choice was Crystal Clear... I wanted the dumbbell. I have to admit old compulsive habits die hard.

I could tell mom was disappointed in my choice... but I’m trying. Mom says we will work some more on drive building. She doesn’t have the nerves for the whole force method, and from the other side of the leash… I appreciate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home